West Midlands Netball is constantly looking to develop and improve the network of coaches within the region. The provision of UKCC courses at various locations around the region allows aspiring coaches to become qualified whilst the CPD workshops allows continued professional development. Check out the Coaching pages for more information.
What is the UKCC?
The UK Coaching Certificate is an endorsement of sports-specific coach education. It ensures that sports are delivering the best available, athlete centred coaching both in recreational, development and performance environments.
There are currently three levels of qualification available, with coaches progressing through Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3. All qualifications are achieved through a course which takes place between 4 – 8 days and one assessment day.
How will the UKCC benefit coaches?
- Enhance coaching skills, linked to the player pathway
- Raise the profile of and professionalise sports coaching
- More flexible coach centred training programmes
- UK wide recognised qualifications
- Provides a benchmark for employers and deployers of coaches
- Core coaching skills are recognised and transferable between sports
- A UK wide endorsement of top quality, safe coaching
Interested in becoming a coach?
If you are interested in becoming a coach or advancing to the next coaching Level then visit our course details pages:
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I obtain funding to complete a UKCC course?
There are a variety of sources from which you may obtain funding to complete any level of the UKCC certificate. Please visit our funding page which gives you details of funding available within from the region, your county and also funding available nationally. You may also like to contact your Netball Development Officer for further information or guidance on completing applications.